Saturday, March 5, 2011

Eleven

Anderson is now 11 months old. It's pretty surreal that in one month we will be celebrating his first birthday. Every now and again I look into his face and I get this flash-forward visions of a little boy and young man. It makes me want to put the brakes on a little bit, but every stage is so fun that I know there is lots to look forward to (until he gets a girlfriend).

Here are the big updates for Anderson's eleventh month of life:

He loves crawling into small spaces. Here is on the bottom shelf that we leave clear for his amusement:

We got more snow! Court now gets to experience the sheer joy of the Snow Day. Having lived in Sacramento and Santa Barbara, he never got to have that giddy feeling of looking out the window and just praying that the radio would say "School is Cancelled." It's like a quasi-surprise Christmas. I am glad Oregon can give that to him now. Here are some photos of our walk in the snow:
Why am I wearing this?

Our very kind neighbor gave Anderson this little bear snowsuit. I can't help but think of Ralphy in A Christmas Story when I stuff him in there.

Covered with snow

It was an exhausting walk

Anderson also celebrated his first Valentine's day:

Here is Grandma finding another excuse to buy something for the boy.

My messy Valentine

Other updates:
He is still napping better (very nice for mom)
Sleeping well at night (around 11 hrs / night. Can't complain)
Almost walking, but crawling is still his fastest mode of movement. I am hoping in a month he will be ready to walk--he needs to burn his energy on something.
Spent a full day away from me while I went skiing with my dad. Court and Anderson had a great time together, and I loved getting up to the mountain!
Gives big sloppy kisses on request--very cute.
Likes to cuddle a bit these days.
He has picked favorite pages in some of his books, so he will race through to certain pages and then joyfully beat on them.





2 comments:

  1. Love it! We better be invited to his birthday party. Miss you guys! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he's almost 1. That is very strange. Loved reading his little update...look forward to seeing you guys soon hopefully.
    love you

    ReplyDelete